RE: Information

>People don't have identity cards in the United Kingdom. They might be
>introduced when the European Union becomes more closely integrated, and some
>people here consider this a reason to resist further integration.

Funny. When the Anglo-Saxon system of domination is so overwhelmingly
dominating the world, and encroaching endlessly upon other cultures, there
are still people to fear FOR it.

More to the point, I'm not sure this is really useful to the original
person who asked the question, but the French also exported their "identity
carrying" laws to their colonies.

Mohammed Abouzaid