Re: Information

Here in Canada, the laws are much the same as in the US. One is not
officially required to carry identification, but it is necessary to have
it for many aspects of day to day living. I must present a health card
at any doctor/hospital visit. I am unable to be paid for a job if I do
not present a social insurance (Canadian equivalent of US social
security) number. I need my student id card to sign out library books.
I would add, however, that another very important form id is a credit
card. It seems to be needed for everything these days, whether or not
one is making a purchase, probably because it signifies immediate access
to money.

Linda