Foucault & postcolonialism

Hello all,

a while ago, I asked which of Foucault's works have applied the
discourse/power axiom in order to analyze postcolonial relations.
One book that I have found in addition to those already mentioned is
"Metaphors of Dispossession: American Beginnings and the Translation of
Empire. 1492-1637. "

In the process, I also came upon Lentricchias's "Ariel and the Police".
I have found his critique somewhat baffling.
For instance, he says

"If power is always productive, as [Foucault] says it is, then one
wants to know what is _produced_ in the general domination of women, or
homosexuals, or blacks, or Palestinians, or children."

Doesn't Lentricchia here confuse "power relations" with "domination", and
the idea that there is something like "general domination" (power) with
Foucault's insistence that power is never general, but only discernible in
singular practices?

And how has his critique as a whole been received? It seems to me that many
points he makes do not actually reflect what Foucault was addressing.

Michaela