[no subject]

REMINDER

PLEASE POST

The Program in Comparative Literature at the University of South Carolina
announces a conference History, Technology, and Identity: After Foucault,
March 16-18, 2000. Directed by Martin Donougho and Paul Allen Miller, this
meeting is a follow-up to the two-year international conference, Cultural
History after Foucault, held in 1997 and 1998 at the Universities of
Amsterdam and Aberdeen. Plenaries speakers will include Thomas Flynn
(Emory), David Konstan (Brown), John Neubauer (Amsterdam), G. S. Rousseau
(De Montfort and Oxford), and Jerald Wallulis (South Carolina). We seek to
examine both the limits and contributions of Foucault's thought in the
three interrelated topics of history, technology, and identity. Send
inquiries and one page abstracts for 20 minute papers Paul Allen Miller,
Program in Comparative Literature, Welsh Hall, University of South
Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208 (803-777-0473); pamiller@xxxxxx. Selected
papers will be published in the journal Intertexts. Abstracts must be
received by December 1, 1999. For updated information, see our website:
http://www.cla.sc.edu/COMP/2ndannualc.html.

PLEASE NOTE MY NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS: pamiller@xxxxxx

Paul Allen Miller
Director of Comparative Literature and Assoc. Prof. of Classics
Co-Editor of Intertexts
Program in Comparative Literature
University of South Carolina
Columbia, SC 29208