Re: rape and the legal system

Matthew says

>> I was wondering if anybody knew of any writing which disputes this
>> interpretation of Foucault's position?
>
>No, but it's fairly clear from the interview presumably in question--the
>one titled "Confinement, Psychiatry, Prison" in _Politics, Philosophy,
>Culture_--that Foucault does *suggest* that position, that he has a
>certain sympathy for it, but that he has serious reservations about it. He
>certainly doesn't "argue" for it.

I was not actually asking here about what Foucault originally said but
about what was attributed to him in this instance. The reason I ask is that
because there is well known controversy in the feminist literature
surrounding this issue and I was interested in knowing whether there are
any writers who argue against the Plaza, de Lauretis, McNay etc
interpretation.

Clare

Clare O'Farrell
email:c.ofarrell@xxxxxxxxxx