Re: Responsibility, Levinas, Derrida

A while back i read a number of critiques of Levinasian ethics. They mainly
centered around his ambivalence towards the Palestinians and the state of
Israel.

Anyway, heres some references:

Simon Critchley "the ethics of deconstruction: Derrida and Levinas" (Oxford:
Blackwell, 1992)

Jim George "Realist ethics, international relations and post-modernism" In
Millenium: journal of international studies. (1995) 24:2 pp 195 - 223.

Hope that helps,

Doug.