From: owner-foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of loren
Sent: 14 February 2000 23:22
To: foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Foucault & Derrida

Thanks for the responses. However, my question focuses more on whether
Derrida's reference to differance and the trace might replicate 2 origins
that seems to indicate a return to metaphysics.....It seems that this was
Foucault's critique of Derrida---It also seems that foucault critisizes the
shallow textual practice of deconstruction--that it ignores the specific
historical and political formations of a text or a particular origin. That
foucault is perhaps more concerned with not just dispelling origins and
binaries, but understanding how they are produced and in what context they
emerge-. I'm not saying I agree w/ foucault, it seems to be a knee-jerk
response, because it seems to me that if one reads the social space as a
text, then geneology and deconstruction would align themselves rather
nicely.

Loren