Re: the ubuesque

_Ubu Roi_ is a very funny story by Alfred Jarry. The main character,
called both Ubu Roi and Pere Ubu, is a pear shaped man (there are
illustrations) who runs around yelling "merde." It is, amongst other
things, a political satire. Ubu Roi is not a king, but believes he is.
To fully understand the meaning of 'ubuesque,' it would be best to read
the story (and it's been a very long time since I've read it, so I can't
tell you much more). It is definitely a worthwhile read.

Linda