Les anormaux

Stuart

I am reading Les anormaux at present. What strikes me is Foucault's ironic
sense of humour, which I used to enjoy when I was attending his lectures. I
don't think the material is amongst his better stuff, but then I think the
stuff he produced during the 1970s in general tended to be very uneven. In
my view TheHistory of Sexuality volume 1 is his worst book and reads almost
like a parody of his other work and Discipline and Punish although it is
interesting and useful lacks the spark of some of some of his other work.

But I am really only at the beginning of Les anormaux - maybe it gets
better. Having said this it is still okay.

Clare

Clare O'Farrell
email:c.ofarrell@xxxxxxxxxx
web page: http://www.qut.edu.au/edu/cpol/foucault/