Re: Power, Control and I.T

hi neil -

I'm not certain what I.T stands for but I would like to suggest that you
rethink Foucault's ideas of power contra the "social control" thesis which
is (I think) a misreading and oversimplification of his work. For example,
he argues against "the repressive hypothesis" such that power is not necc
negative but rather productive and positive in the sense that it creates,
shapes, produces, informs, forms, etc in addition to being constraining
and such.

cheers,
heidi