Re: Can Postmodernism Survive? (fwd)

><<A paradox occurs because of self-referentiality. We must express ourselves
>in a certain language, and any type of questioning of the status quo way of
>arranging language MUST contradict itself.>>
>
>What's the warrant for this claim? Why does discourse that challenges the
>status quo have to contradict itself?

Because of the ubiquity of the discourse being challenged. If the assumptions of metaphysics, or a certain mindset, is embedded in language itself, and one tries to question the assumptions of that language from within that language, one faces the issue of performative contradiction.

Stick Figure Death Theatre - http://www.sfdt.com/
Twice the Entertainment, half the talent.