From: owner-foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Travis
Ennis
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 6:26 PM
To: foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: The Order of Things

I am reading The Order of Things and finding it
extremely difficult, at least much more difficult than
Madness and Civilization and Birth of the Clinic. Can
anyone give me some reading tips or secondary sources
that would make it easier to understand, or at least
get me on the right track. I have a feeling that one
must be one the same theoretical level as Foucault in
each of the book's chapters but knowing what level to
be on has been quite difficult for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Travis Ennis