governmentality and adoption

Hello all:

My name is Chris Blakley and I'm a doctorate student in philosophy at
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale. I'm writing the list to
inquire if anyone might have any information concerning studies done on the
relationship between governmentality and adoption practices. I'm primarly
interested to find out if there have been any studies done with respect to
the role adoption practices might play in the governing of populations or
how they might reflect shifts in the understanding of social relationship
both among family members, between the family and the state or something
along these lines. If anyone has any references I would appreciate it if
you would drop me a note.

Thanks,
Chris

--- Christopher Blakley