Re: Hello Scholars

Hi!

I actually first read Discipline and Punish as an undergraduate in my
second year in a Sociology course on Deviant Behavior and Social Control
and then Hist. of Sexuality 1 the next year in a Contemporary Social
Theory Course. I found both of the texts approachable and accessible at
that time and they have created a foundation for the other works I have
tackled later in my academic studies.

I also agree that Foucault helps with Nietszche and vice versa.

Rana
=====
"Little Black Girl. This is a song for you. In case the world
is busy and forgets to sing to you. They've got more important
ships to sail like building malls and saving whales. So they
don't see. That you're the real endangered species."
---"Little Black Girl" by Rebekah Johnson
from "Remember to Breathe"