Lynne Cheney's views on Foucault

Has anyone read the last edition of "The Nation" (October 2/2000) ? There is
an article detailing the views of the Republican Vice-Presidential
candidate's wife, Lynne Cheney- a right-wing culture warrior, ala William
Bennett. Apparently, Mrs. Cheney wrote a book in 1995, titled "Telling the
Truth," which seems to attack Foucault, as a defender of godless relativism,
I assume. According to the Nation, "Telling the Truth" declares that
Foucault's ideas threaten nothing less than the survival of western
civilization," going as far to blame Foucault for the murder of an ice-cream
vendor in Philadelphia, stating that "intellectual elites do no one a favor
by sending through society messages that there is no external reality in
which we all participate, that there is only the game of the moment, the
entertainment of the day."
Does anyone have any comments, concerning Mrs. Cheney's views?
TRV