Re: Lynne Cheney's views on Foucault

On 09/23/00 13:27:28 you wrote:

>Frankly, it is not clear to me how one can argue the silencing of one group
>in favor of another after reading Foucault--or perhaps I am misreading your
>post?

I have a question (probably rather stupid for this group) regarding this question,
which I have heard posed and argued about and that tends create in my experience
divisions that lay in postions of certian discourses.Isn't this question rooted in
notions of freedom of speech (freedom, rights and feelings) and poistions in
relationship to power? What questions can folks ask about this question as it
relates to Focualt is what I'd be interested in.
Laura