Re: Foucault conference? Char-citation? Benjamin cited by Foucault?

In a message dated 11/3/00 8:02:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
divababygirl@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> I seem to remember reading somewhere, I believe "The
> Foucault Reader", that Foucault, late is his life and
> career, made the statement that he wished that he had
> actually been aware of the Frankfurt School and it's
> adjuncts during his development. I think that unless
> it was in one of his latest works, he could not have
> cited Benjamin as he had not been exposed to that
> thread of Critical Theory.

Foucault stated that he was immersed in the Frankfurt School and said about
that, that he had to do something else or he would have worked in Critical
Theory all of his life. He later said that he actually believed that he had
taken the Critical Theory to a higher level!

Vunch