RE: Right of Death and Power over Life

> > Somewhere Foucault remarks that most analysis of the first volume of the
> > History of Sexuality neglects the final chapter, but that this
> chapter is
> > the key to understanding it.
> >
> > Anyone know where? I can't put my finger on it.
>
> The chapter or the understanding?

Laughing... well, the chapter is easy to find... the understanding somewhat
harder. But having just spent a week solidly working on the lecture course
<<Il faut defendre la societe>>, whose final lecture bears a very strong
resemblance to the final chapter of La volonte de savoir, I feel I have a
pretty good sense of it. Much better than that gained from La volonte de
savoir alone, at least.

Best wishes

Stuart