Re: Power and the Subject

I think I am beginning to grasp F's possition on freedom of the
will please tell me if this is right.

The subject emmerges concurrent with, not as a result of power
relations. The subject contains the ability to choose between
alternatives and to reshape norms, though his ability to do so is
somewhat constrained by the degree to which he is constructed.

I have only one remaining question that I cannot answer seem to
find an answer for. If agency is born of power relations and
absent power relations we are just a shell, how did power
relations arise in the first place. Surely no control and resistance
goes on between two rocks.

Is it F's position that outside of society we live with nothing but
instinct as would any other animal? And if so, why have we not
seen the rise of free will in other animals?