Re: So what do writers express today?

Okay, okay. So, postmodernism has the world of explanation stacked up
against it. Foundationalism and naturalized epistemology. Positivism and
pragmatism. Ism. Language has become a world of isms in the University
and a world of blah on television. When all we have to ask is what you
think about postmodernism, it doesn't really compete with much does it?
It's a platform of communication, however, and that's apparently all
that matters to it, when you need only ask anyone if it simply "is". So,
it is. Big deal. So, we are trying to consolidate what's left of the
tree of knowledge, the history of philosophy? Or, has someone kind of
sped up social science in the name of revolutionizing that we talk? Have
we forgotten about rationalism as Popper seems to suggest? Are we all
radical empiricists as postmodernists are suggesting, to hold that this
tree can be reduced to something new, a behavior we call
"postmodernism"?