Re: if -- And

TekUtopia@xxxxxxx wrote:

<< Here's the real question: is the personal really political? Is it
possible to separate a thinker's sexual life from their political discourse
via some "public/private dualism?" I would think that the answers on the
list to this would be interesting, in light of the Rorty bashing we saw
earlier this year. >>

Rorty's public/private dichotomy is little more than the public/private
dichotomy established by the First Amendment. Rorty's just talking about
setting up a distinction between public *values* and private *values.*

I think the public/private distinction you're thinking of is the one Arendt
gives us.

Nate