RE: if -- And

-- Then this too needs to be investigated. And also one has to ask:how his
plays a role in covering up F's own strategies of authorship. I sense that F
wished to be seen somewhat fictionally. There is an interview somewhere
where he states his work is fiction but true. I am not certain of where that
statement can be found. But the violence in his work and life, which.
G.Deleuze speaks of is noticeable in the statement that you have quoted. I
will have to dig up some of the critiques by feminists of F.

>What, do you imagine that I would take so much trouble and so much pleasure
>in writing, do you think that I would keep so persistently to my task, if I
>were not preparing-- with a rather shaky hand --a labyrinth into which I
>can venture, in which I can move my discourse, opening up underground
>passages, forcing it to go far from itself, finding overhangs that reduce
>and deform its itinerary, in which I can lose myself and appear at last to
>eyes that I will never have to meet again. I am no doubt not the only one
>who writes in order to have no face. DO NOT ASK WHO i AM AND DO NOT ASK ME
>TO REMAIN THE SAME: LEAVE IT TO OUR BUREAUCRATS AND OUR POLICE TO SEE THAT
>OUR PAPERS ARE IN ORDER. At least spare us their morality when we write.'"
>(Foucault 1972; 17).

Regards,

C.Driscoll