Re: semiotics/semiology

<P>Nate--</P>
<P>I don't know how you feel about the "Introducing..." series (people&nbsp;can be funny about these things), but the _Introducing Semiotics_, put out in Britain (but certainly available here), is definitely along the lines of what you're looking for.&nbsp; They *don't* cover Kristeva, though, much to my disappointment...</P>
<P>--Katie<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: Nathan Goralnik <RHIZOME85@xxxxxxxx>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Reply-To: foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: Deleuze and Guattari <DELEUZE-GUATTARI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Foucault <FOUCAULT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Baudrillard <OWNER-BAUDRILLARD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, French Feminism <FRENCH-FEMINISM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: semiotics/semiology
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 15:23:58 -0700
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Hey
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Where can I get my hands on a broad book on semiotics (whether in the
<DIV></DIV>&gt;form of an anthology of a kind of general introduction) that will shed
<DIV></DIV>&gt;significant light on American and European theorists, ranging from Pierce
<DIV></DIV>&gt;and Saussure to Kristeva and Beneviste to Derrida and Lacan, etc.?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; The purpose of this text (or these texts) will be as a companion to a
<DIV></DIV>&gt;survey course. Can anyone help me?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Thank you
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Nate