Re: RE: crippled

I absolutely aggree with Mr. Miller. I dont want to
discuss here what according to cnn is importenant.
Here we discuss the work of Foucault.

Zhivko

Allen Miller wrote: I think the point is that this
person consistently posts clippings without comment to
this and other lists. If he or she wants to make a
point in relation to Foucault and real world events,
great. But that's not what is being done. The list
should not just be a dumping ground for anything
anyone thinks might be interesting. Who has the time
to wade through that?>>> N.E.Widder@xxxxxxxxxxxx
07/09/01 06:35 AM >>>Why isn't this the place to
discuss this? The article opens a lot of issues about,
for example, the relation of self and other, and the
way this relates to the continued use of force,
violence, and domination (which Foucault certainly
didn't say was non-existent, even if his studies were
more concerned with more subtle forms of disciplinary
micropowers) in our contemporary world.I could list
more, but for crying out loud are people so enervated
that they cannot think of how to link this and other
real world phenomena to Foucault???Nathan>=====
Original Message From
foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx =====> Are You
sure that here is a place for such
disscusions?>Zhivko> Clifford Duffy wrote: Guardian
Tuesday May 1,
2001>>http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4178420,00.html>>[snipped
out rest, an operation which should be practiced more
often by people on this and other lists]Dr. Nathan
WidderLecturer in Political TheoryUniversity of
ExeterDepartment of PoliticsAmory BuildingRennes
DriveExeter EX4 4RJUnited KingdomTel: +44 (0)1392 263
183Fax: +44 (0)1392 263 305http://www.ex.ac.uk/shipss/politics/staff/widder/