Re: Reading Foucault

form then
> read Il faut defendre la societe - not the course
> summary, but the full
> course, which is currently available in French.
> Race, war, nationality,
> nationalism, revolution, constitution... it's all
> there, and much much more.
More broadly, until every one of Foucault's lecture
> courses is published,
> and until whoever turns out to be his Max Brod
> unearths everyone of of his
> laundry lists, how can any of us give a final
> opinion on what was, or what
> was not, among his problems? And even then?

Unfortunately there are many texts of foucault which
are like this - everyday a new collection appears,
than go search it, find it and read it. But why should
see in the biopower point on the nationalism? why not
apply it to the western society, where nationalism is
a dirty word? What is your problem with the
nationalism when the world tryies to be as one? i was
discussed about how the manipulating western media
presented the war in kossovo as a nationalism, when it
was a war between mafia groups. And because of this
they gave the balkans in the hands of the albanian
mafia. If you have any idea of the albanian mafia, you
must know what i am talking about. I think there much
more importenant issues to diefine about foucault than
nationalism - like his notion of dispositif, serie,
ensemble, genealogy, archeology,panopticism.

Jivko