Re: Il faut defendre Foucault

Personally me, I am Bulgarian. First: The Balkans are
not "area" or "region". This is one of those matrix
like that of the nationalism, which the west
constructed and applied to us, and then claim it is a
definition they found in the nature of our existence.
Isn't that so much Foucauldian? The Balkans is very
ancient and very culturally developed world - here the
specific civilization was born, which the west , wild
and noncivilized in the beginning , adopted lately and
claimed "We are the civilization!". Foucault knew
that: In Surveiller and Punir he wrote "we are not
Greeks?" I am glad you read Mazower book, I read only
the review. About the argument between our church and
the greek church - the sermons were in greek. My guys
couldn?t understand a single word of the sermons. It
doesn?t matter if we are botrh orthodox, when you go
to hear a sermon you must understand it.
About everything else: 19th century was the time ,
when Balkans were free from the Ottoman empire and the
borders of the states should be redefined, so the west
was completely involved in that process and the west
thaught to us to be nationalistic. Nowadays funny
weird blond Americans are coming to Bulgaria, pointing
finger at us and saying " Do You love your Turks?!"
and we say "What is wrong with those weirdoes? We
never divided the people of Bulgaria to
Christians/Muslims? Why they ask us do we love them?
We never made DIFFERENCE! Why they want from us to
make difference?!" Do you understand the comedy of the
western politics? First they say : 1. "You must
recognize someone in your country as different, and
that?s why you must hate him!" And after that: 2. " We
will punish you for making difference, because we are
the justice!" And then again : "we , the west , we are
making difference - You are wild, we are civilized!" I
don?t know if I made it clear how the west is forcing
us to make difference, to be nationalistic. I remember
how a American came to a Muslim village in Bulgaria
asking people if they were repressed for being Turks,
so a villager responded her: "Lady,,please, I have
importenant work to do right now, don?t bother
me!!:-))
As for was Foucault philosopher. Philosophy is not a
DISCIPLINE :-)) divided from other DISCIPLINES :-)).
A philosopher does not devides in to DISCIPLINES :-)).
Foucault never puted him self in DISCIPLINE :-))
That is why he was philosopher! But I assume you don?t
have philosophy education, and that?s why you don?t
get not the NONSPECIFITY of his philosophy!

=== message truncated ===