RE: Il faut defendre Foucault

>===== Original Message From foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx =====
>Personally me, I am Bulgarian. First: The Balkans are
>not "area" or "region". This is one of those matrix
>like that of the nationalism, which the west
>constructed and applied to us, and then claim it is a
>definition they found in the nature of our existence.
>Isn't that so much Foucauldian?

Actually, it is rather un-Foucauldian. Foucault would never accept the idea
that nationalism was somehow unilaterally imposed by "the West" on "everyone
else." It is inconsistent with his idea of power relations.

Your casual use of 'us' is also un-Foucauldian.

Nathan

Dr. Nathan Widder
Lecturer in Political Theory
University of Exeter