Re: Augenblick and event

<P>Dear Alessandro</P>
<P>I had sent reply to this in the morning but presumably that has not gone through.</P>
<P>My recent mail was written in the context of the earlier mail by Stuart which perhaps you have not seen (I can forward you if you want to see it )</P>
<P>Beside that no where in my mail I have said that Augenblick is event or can be translated as event, in fact I kept it untranslated, except for alluding to&nbsp;how the English translators of Sein und Zeit have rendered it. My point in the mail was to point out to some affinites between Heidegger's notion of Augenblick and Foucault's notion of event, as they seemed to me taking clue from Stuart's suggesgtions. Even for those suggestions I was not sure and I asked other's opinion especially that of Stuart because it was his earlier post which stimulated my thinking in that direction (as far as comparision to Heidegger's notion of Augenblick is concerned).</P>
<P>I do not know what made you think that I was suggesting or translating Augenblick as event. May be I was unable to express myself better or whatever.</P>
<P>Thanks any way for interest. Hope this helps to clarify my position.</P>
<P>regards</P>
<P>ali</P>
<P><BR><BR>&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>----Original Message Follows----
<DIV></DIV>From: Alessandro Barberi <ALESSANDRO.BARBERI@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
<DIV></DIV>Reply-To: foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<DIV></DIV>To: foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<DIV></DIV>Subject: Re: Augenblick and event
<DIV></DIV>Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 20:08:00 +0200
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Dear Ali, dear Maureen,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>I only want you to remember, that &gt;the event&lt; is translated into german as &gt;das Ereignis&lt; and not as &gt;der Augenblick&lt; (english: the moment). This is also the case in Foucaults texts (french: l'événement; german: das Ereignis and english: the event). So the most important text of Heidegger could be &gt;Vom Ereignis&lt;.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Best greetings,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Alessandro