Medicine , History and Present

Here quotation of the last words of that article in
"reassessing foucault", titled "Medicine, History and

Present
" We do not merely need to abandon the comforting
thought that our present is the outcome of a process
of History. We also need to jettison all those forms
of narcisstic historicism that read the past in terms
of the present that it has become, the present here
being portrayed as a culmination of everything that is
progressive in that which preceedes it."

Nikolas Rose - british sociologist