Re: Affect and Greene

It is very sexy to see someone quote GGreene. It is so sexy it makes me
think; sexy maketh me to think you see I think sexy and I feel think better
cognitive power rises, disease retreats, retreats dissolve self fades; what
I learnt from me dad, the dirty ole whore. But affect is something special
and being Jacky Maglia I know about these things... and so on. So yes, all
of this very nice and thank you to Mister Chris Jones for posting it.

Many kisses to his bodies-without-organs. Is it true that Andromache Filou
is dead??

All of my love. Kisses and brains to the leapers and lepers of the list.
Dear Charmaine I love you ideas of Up and Down. Something like NEw York
madness
If Michel Foucault can see these things, I mean if he can see History as it
is made with the interstices of desire then his power is motored by
discursive challenges and not love, so damn it. What does that mean? It
meaneth the end of Dia-Logue and the start of Logue and the end of Logo? NO,
well, if you dont beleive read the damn book!!

I kiss you all many times and more .
Rear-regards to you to dear.

>From: Chris Jones <ccjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

>Those interested in affect may find the following comment taken from Graham
>Greene _A sort of life_ interesting.
>
>"Excitement is simple: excitement is a situation, a single event. It
>mustn't
>be wrapped up in thoughts, similes, metaphors. A simile is a form of
>reflection, but excitement is of the moment when there is no time to
>reflect.
>
>.. . . . Even an adjective slows the pace or tranquilises the nerve."
>
>"Affect is a crash site, the trauma-event in itself." ...writes Mark
>Fisher.
>(From _Gothic Materialism_ which should be available in the forthcoming
>issue
>of Pli. http://www.ccru.demon.co.uk maybe worth a look, also.)
>
>Perhaps this can also help to find a way into the distinction Deleuze makes
>between affect and affection?
>
>best wishes
>Chris Jones.

-- The Guattarioh deleuzian is most interesting and has been written of by
M.Massumi in article . An article of intelligencering and not faith!! Unlike
the Catholic faith!! Okay Sister Maria!! So peev off! Liberate your Milles
Plateaux someswhere else.