Re: history of palestine-- Yelling

dear eldora,

this is not about yelling at somebody. i have no problem with discussing me
(middle east) politics on this list. in fact i think it is urgent and i am
very interested in ideas that can link foucauldian analysis (or other for
that sake) to the politics of the region.

also, i am not against creative attempts to link the history of ideas to
current political issues (i.e. lionel's linking up of freemasonry to the
partition of palestine). But I think such an attempt should draw on the
history of the region, on the power relations that exist, on the British
imperial discourse etc.

Randomly linking some notions of governmentality, freemasonry, mistaken
connaissance for savoir to the partition of Palestine is not very helpful
(unless you can show that these concepts are related in one way or another).
Equally, implying that every orthodox Jew is a Zionist shows a lack of
understanding.

Am I privileging a certain (knowledgeable) type of discourse of another
(random) one? Do I think that zeal is no replacement for in-depth analysis?
Yes, and I am perfectly willing to accept that charge.

So, yes, let's analyse the politics of the region, but let's have another
shot at it.

Yves

P.S. Some tea would be great, but you won't find me in England...