Re: recent events

I certainly doubt that an election would sanction a response less bellicose than the
one we are likely to get. I also agree that the ethics of terrorism and war are
worth thinking about. I fear that the (understandable) anger of Americans may result
in policies as immoral as those we have pursued in Iraq. More specifically, I an
afraid that the (justified) attempts to locate and destroy the perpetrators will
result in a slaughter of the people of Afghanistan. I suspect that the responses of
the Taliban to US requests to expel will increase this likelihood.