Re: Derrida and Silence

Stuart -- your points are taken, and I had thought as
much before posting. However Noam Chomsky has said
something and given an interview and so has Robert
Fisk. And the sad thing since Michel Foucault's death
is that there is no comparable living intellectual who
has taken his place ie. Derrida has not spoken with
any of the brilliance he is capable of about such
grave matters... he signs a petition here and there...
but no strongly worded statements... do not misread
this. I obviously dont know the guy, but really.. what
does it take to speak..? but to return to the
comparison to Michel Foucault... I mean in the sense
of someone well-known enough to speak in the way that
Michel Foucault most certainly would have . And so for
that matter would Jean-Paul Sartre. It is not very
complicated really. But then perhaps Derrida has to
deconstruct everything first...yes, yes, I am
sarcastic., and perhaps am wrong. But he has the
choice, as we do. Perhaps his choice is like
Heidegger's(re:the Shoah)and we will shall never what
he thought...

--- Stuart Elden <stuart.elden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > I
wonder if this actually shows considerable