Napalm ... Re: David Letterman / Dan Rather

Further to this, Letterman asked Rather, 'what is it that we possibly could
have done to deserve this?'

Perhaps ... on American action ... daily Napalm (jet fuel in jelly that was
indiscriminately dropped from airplanes into large areas of jungle) in
Vietnam? At least 5,000 people died from a similar affect.

'... terrorism ... has a totally opposite effect which is to make the
bourgeois class even more closely attached to its ideology. ...' provided to
this list by C.O'Farrell on 13 Sep01

I would consider Letterman to be representative of what the American (and
the many would be Americans in Australia) bourgeois aspire to be like ...
perhaps he is a stereotype bourgeois New Yorker by design. (David Letterman
is a vetran New York commedian who was passed the mantle of late night TV
talk show by Johnny Carson. It is broadcast around the world everyday.)
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Letterman and respect his professionalism.

Please let me know ... Do I make any sense? The first of Foucault's works I
read was in Jan 2000. I am on training wheels (L-Plates) when it comes to
applying Foucault.

Lionel
A Torontonian living in Melbourne