Intro.

Hello everybody.

My name is Michael Deguara and I am writing a thesis for a BA in
Anthropology, here at the University in Malta. My thesis is about a
homeless shelter, and marginality, and I have been advised to apply
Foucault's theories on normalization and power.

Somehow I am finding a hard time reconciling the
positive "rehabilitation" process that goes on in this shelter with
the negative aura I get from Foucault's description of similar
processes. I was wondering if this negative feeling I get is merely
a matter of the language used, or whether the process of
normalization is to be seen as in some way destructive, or otherwise
negative.

Michael.