Re: Then what is the violence motivated by ... ? Re: Foucault and Terrorism

Certainly you are familiar with the TV chef, Emeril and his expression,
"Let's kick it up a notch". If not, you will need to watch one show as a
prerequisite(wherever you see +++ in the post below, it means "'Let's kick
it up a notch' 3x or more!")

Now let us go to the nursery and keep your eye focused on the "desire"
(units of desire= '+'):

It's a Monday morning. Bobby was dropped off by his mother at the day-care
center early. He's the first one to arrive. He is sitting all alone in the
middle of the room, surround by nursery pictures on the wall and a few toys
scattered about on the floor. He sits there, almost in the middle, somewhat
trying to get a handle on his day(planning-reviewing his Daytimer, making
entries on his PalmPilot, etc., etc., etc.). He glances ever so slightly at
one of the toys.

At the very same moment, the door opens and the day care center worker,
leads Donald(his siblings call him Dooner) into the room by the hand. The
very first thing that Dooner notices is Bobby. And Dooner entered the room
just in time to notice Bobby gave that ever so slight glance towards one of
the toys [+++] (remember, keep your eye on the desire!). Dooner sets his
trajectory towards the toy. Bobby watches Dooner's first moves [+++-+++]!
Bobby throws his Daytimer and Palm to the floor and starts crawling, rising
to walk, rising to run, in the direction of the TOY. Dooner glances and
sees Bobby [+++-+++-+++]. Dooner's gait increases. Bobby's now standing
and in a full run [+++-+++-+++]. Dooner [+++-+++-+++-+++] Bobby
[+++-+++-+++-+++-+++], and like BatMan Comic book, any parent can finish the
story...

Neitzke