Re: Then what is the violence motivated by ... ? Re: Foucault and Terrorism

Dear Lionel,

Thanks for your balanced, informative and nunanced comments.

Personally I do not see the issue of Israeli Palestinian conflict in
religous
terms simply because Zionism even if it used religious symbols must be
characterised as a form of modern nationalism (like Nazism, Fascism, or ther
civic
or non civic form of nationalism). Even Palestinians are most secular people
among muslims. People tell me that Orthodox Judaism may be the most
persecuted
entity in Israel. There was a demonstration against Israel in New York (?)
few
months back by otthodox jews.

YOur mention of lost tribe of Israel made me remeber a funny side of this
story. Do you know the Pushtuns (who form the core of Taliban support and
live
along the both sides of Pakistani and Afghan borders) claim themselves as a
lost tribe of Israel too?? May be our Jewish friends in America would
raise voice against American anti semitism in Afghanistan too.

all the best
ali