Re: From DownUnder

--B_3106280612_115411

> http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup/catalog/data/023110/0231107161.HTM
>

> Could you please supply me wilh the exact title of the L. Epstein book and if
> you have the publisher that would also help.
>
> I have done a library search with no luck.
>
> Rob

>> there is
>> N. Rose in reading foucault for social work by L. EPSTEIN
>> I think lhistoire de ltat providence by F. Ewald could also be helpful
>>

>> A Question,
>>
>> I am doing some research into social welfare.
>>
>> It strikes me that I could be using Foucault a basis to study the social
>> welfare payments system. .
>>
>> What I am having trouble with is the short run aspects of the governments
>> implimentation of some very harsh social welfare criteria to receive
>> payments. I was going to use Foucault to look at this in the context of
>> governments short run political power games. That is the government is making
>> it difficult for unemployed people to receive welfare payments unless they
>> comply with very harsh rules. This a political winner (I think anyway and
>> some of the literature seems to support this as well) as the public want to
>> be assured that the authorities are just not handing out payments at the drop
>> of a hat.
>>
>> My question is could you please direct me to any articles (even a section to
>> a book) that looks at the notion of power and politics in this context. I
>> know this is a bit of a short cut approach but I have taken 9 weeks annual to
>> start this study and I have spent the last three days searching for materials
>> on this topic with no luck.
>>
>> Look forward to a reply.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> Rob

--B_3106280612_115411

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: From DownUnder</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup/catalog/dat=
a/023110/0231107161.HTM<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Could you please supply me wilh the exact title of the L. Epstein book and =
if you have the publisher that would also help.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
I have done a library search with no luck.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Rob<BR>
<BR>
&gt;&gt;&gt; denoix.k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/06/02 07:03pm &gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><FONT SIZE=3D"1">there is <BR>
N. Rose in reading foucault for social work by L. EPSTEIN<BR>
I think lhistoire de ltat providence by F. Ewald could also be helpful<BR>
d<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
A Question,<BR>
</FONT><BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"1">I am doing some research into social welfare.<BR>
</FONT><BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"1">It strikes me that I could be using Foucault a basis to stud=
y the social welfare payments system. .<BR>
</FONT><BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"1">What I am having trouble with is the short run aspects of th=
e governments implimentation of some very harsh social welfare criteria to r=
eceive payments. I was going to use Foucault to look at this in the context =
of governments short run political power games. That is the government is ma=
king it difficult for unemployed people to receive welfare payments unless t=
hey comply with very harsh rules. This a political winner (I think anyway an=
d some of the literature seems to support this as well) as the public want t=
o be assured that the authorities are just not handing out payments at the d=
rop of a hat.<BR>
</FONT><BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"1">My question is could you please direct me to any articles (e=
ven a section to a book) that looks at the notion of power and politics in t=
his context. I know this is a bit of a short cut approach but I have taken 9=
weeks annual to start this study and I have spent the last three days searc=
hing for materials on this topic with no luck.<BR>
</FONT><BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"1">Look forward to a reply.<BR>
</FONT><BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"1">Thanks<BR>
</FONT><BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"1">Rob<BR>
</FONT><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3106280612_115411--