Re: John P's questions

I think the question of who actually owns the text's meanings, writer or reader, is one that Foucault himself helped pose ie the death of the author. But this goes far further back in time to those who made orthodox readings of texts and those others who made unorthodox or heretical readings, say to the early Christian Church or even farther back to the Socratic dialogues.
I agree that simple questions help clarify understanding and response,
all best wishes,
Paul Murphy