Re: Violence as a Struggle Against Weakness

<DIV></DIV>&gt; Professor Jorge M. Roche refines my metaphor "Warfare as Submission" by </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;suggesting that if my hypothesis is correct, "What we might empirically
<DIV></DIV>&gt;expect is that those individuals who are more submissive are also more likely
<DIV></DIV>
<P>&gt;to be more aggressive than less submissive ones."</P>
<P>That makes sense.&nbsp; Submissive individuals are easier to coerce.&nbsp; I would not say that is the same as weaker individuals.&nbsp; My feeling is that a homogenous social context contributes to docility, utility and governmentality.&nbsp; When exernal influences dilute a homogenous social context stability declines:</P>
<P>- Japan in the past 10 years</P>
<P>- Western society in the past 50 years </P>