Re: Order of Things

The way I interpret this passage I think that my book chapter in Harre and
Moghaddam's 'The Self and Others' deals with this. In my model, the social
order is composed of four components:
1. rights
2. duties
3. morals
4. actions

These four components influence one another and produce a certain dynamic
and that can be measured in much the same way as an electromagnetic field.
I use the term social flux to explain the social order.

See my website for a powerpoint presentation:

http://intergon.freeyellow.com/sustainability.html

Feedback desired and welcomed.

Lionel

Lionel Boxer - 0411267256 - lboxer@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://intergon.freeyellow.com
In 1976 Michale Foucualt said: ... terrorism ... has a totally opposite
effect which is to make the bourgeois class even more closely attached to
its ideology ... (original in French) 'Le Savoir Comme Crime'

>From: Robert Grose <robert.grose@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Order of Things
>Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:09:58 +1100
>
>Dear All,
>
>I am having trouble interpreting the following quote from page XX of the
>Preface of the 'Order of Things'
>
>The quote goes:
>
>The fundamental codes of a culture - those governing its language, its
>schemas of perceptions, its exchanges, its techniques, its values, the
>hierarchy of its practices - establish for every man , from the very first,
>the empirical orders with which he will be dealing, and within which he
>will be at home. At the other extremity of thought, there are the
>scientific theories or the phloshophical interpretations which explain why
>order exists in general, what universal law it obeys, what principle can
>account for it, and why this particular order has been established and not
>some other.
>(Order of Things - Preface page xx).
>
>I was hoping someone could help with the interpretation or direct to some
>reading that may clarify this.
>
>Robert

Hotmail now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_mobile.asp