Re: Re: prisons

I recall a similar lecture by Angela Davis at Stanford last year. She discussed how Cuba is "better" than the US -- quite disturbing if you ask me.

In regards to prisons, I think the solution is simple. The majority of inmates is a result of the "war on drugs", which, mind you, is perpetuated solely by the government to instil fear on the people and to maintain control.

There would be no need to build new prisons if the war on drugs was ended. The gov't does not want to lose this control, but until this happens we will see new communities being built not to provide for new families, but for individuals who use natural plants for recreational use.

Solution = stop this foolish "war on drugs" ... get gov't out of the business, the business of selling fear!

--- StripMime Warning -- MIME attachments removed ---
This message may have contained attachments which were removed.

Sorry, we do not allow attachments on this list.

multipart/mixed
message/rfc822
---