Drug Gaze

Perhaps the culture that places such a high value on aquiring, dealing and
consuming pot et al is created by the gaze of the underground drug traficing
profession. Having lived with a pot and herroin adict / dealer for several
months I have some first hand "data" to base my opinions. The various
rituals that the drug community engage in are as profound as those found in
Freemasonry. Drug rituals reinforce the culture that moves drugs from
producers to consumers. As medical, juducial, racial and male gaze are
worthy of research, perhaps also drug gaze is worthy of research. Overlay
Foucault's thought on the drug culture and you may well see many familar
patterns.

I have no interest in pursuing this - perhaps a phd candidate might find it
a unique direction and truly add something to the body of knowledge.

Based on the deteriorated minds of my friends who have been smoking pot
steadily for the past 30 years I believe that there is validity to be waging
a war against drugs. Perhaps those who are against any war against drugs
are suffering from pot induced brain damage or are so blinded by the rituals
they are immersed in they cannot see for the drug gaze that they reinforce.

;-)

>From: NICHOLAS.FRENCH@xxxxxxxxxx
>To: Andrew Culp <nesurvivor@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
>foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Re: prisons
>Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:45:53 -0600 (MDT)
>
>I recall a similar lecture by Angela Davis at Stanford last year. She
>discussed how Cuba is "better" than the US -- quite disturbing if you ask
>me.
>
>In regards to prisons, I think the solution is simple. The majority of
>inmates is a result of the "war on drugs", which, mind you, is perpetuated
>solely by the government to instil fear on the people and to maintain
>control.
>
>There would be no need to build new prisons if the war on drugs was ended.
>The gov't does not want to lose this control, but until this happens we
>will see new communities being built not to provide for new families, but
>for individuals who use natural plants for recreational use.
>
>Solution = stop this foolish "war on drugs" ... get gov't out of the
>business, the business of selling fear!
>
>--- StripMime Warning -- MIME attachments removed ---
>This message may have contained attachments which were removed.
>
>Sorry, we do not allow attachments on this list.

>multipart/mixed
> message/rfc822
>---

Hotmail is now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/signup.asp