Where it was resistance of the dominant it is now the dominant

>From: Katmara <katmara@xxxxx>
>To: foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Drug Gaze
>Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 23:35:24 +0200
>
>Marijuana (and the marijuana leaf) signifies a certain lifestyle and a
>certain
>set of values. Generally speaking, the predominant cultural meaning of
>marijuana is (and/or traditionally has been) that of resistance or
>contestation
>of the dominant order.

My suggestion is that marijuana is no longer merely resistance or
contestation of the dominant order. My impression is that marijuana has
become the dominant order.

In other words, will your children laugh at you for being part of the
marijuana drug gaze?

Or maybe I have been living in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia too long.
Australia is the best source of vintage 1960s Fender guitars, 1990s Harley
Davidson motorcycles, used Masonic regalia, etc, etc, etc.

http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=174&referral=Hotmail_taglines_plain&URL=http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilemania/default.asp