Re: The Desire to Kill

I hate to nurture this endless stream of postings that have marginal, if
any, bearing on Foucault. I usually delete them without reading them,
but this one caught my attention... Did our prolific poster ever read
Eichmann in Jerusalem? Arendt never claimed that Eichmann was not an
anti-Semite and a Nazi. No one who has even a rudimentary familiarity
with her work would believe she would equate "thinking" with having an
ideology. I would recommend some attention to the first volume of The
Life of the Mind and the section on "ideology" in The Origins of
Totalitarianism before continuing this embarrassing line of commentary.
Her essay "Thinking and Moral Considerations" is worth attention as well.