RE: Foucault and Clinical Audit

Having been an internal auditor for about 10 years I recognise this
discussion as an amusing reversal of gaze. It is not the
profession/institution's power over the individual, but the individual's
power over the profession/instituion. In fact, the great challenge for
internal auditors is not to be corrupted by the power that flows through
them in the course of an audit.

This all needs much more thought on my part. I am annoyed at myself for not
thinking of this!

Lionel Boxer CD PhD MBA - 0411267256 - lboxer@xxxxxxxxxxx
Attend MAAOE 03 --- Melbourne --- 20-22 Oct 03
http://www.intergon.net/maaoe -- http://intergon.net/card
In 1976 Michale Foucualt said: ... terrorism ... has a totally opposite
effect which is to make the bourgeois class even more closely attached to
its ideology ... (original in French) 'Le Savoir Comme Crime'

>From: "Hennon, Lisa" <hennon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: Foucault and Clinical Audit
>Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:22:02 -0400
>
>Yes, indeed, Foucault's work lends itself to an analysis of the current
>technique of the audit. How exciting that you are taking up this question!
> I am sure there are many scholars working on this issue, but the one who
>comes to my mind is Nikolas Rose, especially in his book _Powers of
>Freedom: Reframing political thought_(1999).
>
>Lisa

Protect your inbox from harmful viruses with new ninemsn Premium. Click here