From: owner-foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
K.Spencer
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 11:40 AM
To: foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: foucault beginner

Hi my name is Kathy Spencer form the university of Salford (near
Manchester) in England.

I am starting to read about Foucault and was wondering if anyone
would be so kind as to give me some direction on how Foucaults
work challenges long held assumptions in the social sciences.

I am forever in your debt

Kathy spencer