Re: Power/Knowledge

Mr. Gordon,

Sorry to bring you back a few e-mails: I sometimes have difficulties with some
formulations in English and so could I ask you to explain what you mean in the
last part of this sentence? ("as the latter had been to the theory of
ideology")

Thanks in advance,
François

"If I had the chance of updating a future reprint of that volume, the thing I
would most like would be to add that by the time the book was published in 1980
Foucault had said in a lecture that he now thought the governmentality
perspective as much preferable to 'pouvoir-savoir' as the latter had been to
the theory of ideology."