Von: owner-foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von David
McInerney
Gesendet: Sonntag, 14. März 2004 01:53
An: foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Lemke on the governmentality lectures

On the lecture courses of the late 1970s on governmentality etc it is
perhaps worth mentioning the works of Thomas Lemke, who like Stoler has
worked from the audio tapes. He has papers available in German and English
on his site http://www.thomaslemkeweb.de/

The most directly relevant in English are:

'"The Birth of Bio-Politics" - Michel Foucault's Lecture at the Collège de
France on Neo-Liberal Governmentality', _Economy & Society_, Vol. 30, No. 2,
2001, pp. 190-207. "Foucault, Governmentality, and Critique", _Rethinking
Marxism_, Vol. 14, No. 3, 2002, 49-64.

Due to problems with Guilford (RM is published by Routledge from Vol. 15)
Vol. 14 has been somewhat delayed and No. 3 may not be out yet, even though
most of Vol. 15 has appeared in print. PDF versions of drafts of these
papers can be downloaded from Thomas's site though and I would recommend
them. There are a number of other interesting papers there, including one
on Hardt and Negri.

Dr. David McInerney
Borderlands e-journal
www.borderlandsejournal.adelaide.edu.au