From: "Mark Kelly" <mgekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2004 1:28 PM
Subject: Power/Knowledge

hi list
another question. I was wondering today about the origin of the term/phrase
'Power/Knowledge', which a seems to circulate a bit in connection with
Foucault. It doesn't seem to me to occur in Foucault's own work, where the
phrase is 'power-knowledge', with a hyphen. It doesn't seem to me that these
terms are equivalent in meaning. It seems likely to me that the origin of
power/knowledge is the title of Colin Gordon's collection of that name. I'd
be particularly interested to here Colin's own thoughts about this.
Mark

P.S. thanks to Stuart for that extremely useful review of l'hermeneutique,
and also Clare for the very valuable ready-translated quotes.

--- StripMime Warning -- MIME attachments removed ---
This message may have contained attachments which were removed.

Sorry, we do not allow attachments on this list.

multipart/alternative
text/html
---

Security System.